Sunday, June 27, 2010

ice shavings of a strange phenomena

summer snowflakes of cotton danced in the gauzy june breeze, trailing their way down upon our patio.  we ate dinner outside today. grilled vegetables {asparagus, potatoes, peppers, and carrots} with succulent seasoned steak. and smoothies. it was lovely.

i told my family the story. the story of today. reaching the conclusion that i don't know really anything, and am perplexed beyond measure.
and that consequences of what i choose... what i choose in the near future {year} will have enormous ramifications.
while chewing my juicy steak i recounted my torn feelings.
and,
{as most conversations involving my potential / non-existent / complicated dating life}, it came full circle to huntman.
and,
it was discovered {as most all my meltdowns are} that the ice shavings of today were merely added crystals to the iceberg of missing hunter, as well as trying to make sense of how men and women communicate.  my brother pulled me onto his lap where i just cried.
it's really hard, to remember. it's almost been an entire year.
fortunately, my wondrous family is there to remind me that it was magical; we did glow and sparkle, ; i was marvelously happy.

so

i am going to take their advice {which was rather a lot} but the major nugget being :
to have faith in love like i have faith in heavenly father
to trust that what happens will be alright
to be understanding and supportive,
to try and accept this strange phenomena of missionary that he is. because i am my own strange phenomena as well.

2 comments:

sarah said...

i think this is my favorite post you've ever written.

beautiful.

and: always nice to have family, right?

love you babe.

keep me posted.

Simone said...

I Love you Piggy!!!! I hope I don't complicate things!!! I thought about you this weekend, and knowing it was going to be difficult but not know how to go about the subject, text you saying goodluck with everything!!! I love you and know that not matter what happens, you will always be a part of our family, whether it is immediate or in our own strangley concocted way, you will always be a part of us!!! I hope that you know that, and it gives you piece of mind no matter what the outcome may be!!!