Wednesday, November 10, 2010

and that's what i want

as a naive mia-maid in young womens, i made
"the husband check-list"
-- what my man will be--

every mormon girl has done this at one time or another, whether handed a notecard after a y.w. lesson or in her own daydreaming of temple weddings and hunky r.m.'s.

and while my list is wonderful and reminds me to drop an unworthy guy here or there, i came across this on my favorite blog.
*the quote is originally from 30 rock, which, while i do not watch (lack of time), i love tina fey.

it cracked me up.

"i want someone who will be monogamous and nice to his mother. and i want someone who likes musicals, but knows to just shut his mouth when i'm watching {grey's anatomy}. and i want someone who thinks being really into cars is lame, and strip clubs are gross. i want someone who will actually empty the dishwasher instead of just taking out forks as needed... i want someone with clean hands and feet and beefy forearms, like a darn disney prince. and i want him to genuinely like me. even when i'm old. and that's what i want"

funny the things that switch from necessary to desirable and vice versa.

i'd like to add my own wish-list of "and that's what i want":


i want someone who will be goofy and open my door. and i want someone who likes thai food and sushi, but knows the delicacy of top raman and cereal. and i want someone who thinks crude humor is stupid, and megan fox is a tramp. i want someone who will actually ask me out instead of "hanging out" until something happens. i want someone with deep trusting eyes, a manly scent, and strong gentle hands. and i want him to genuinely like me. even when i'm grumpy. and that's what i want.

No comments: