Saturday, November 13, 2010

regression from maturity

i've tried to be mature about this, searching for what i can learn from it.

saying "it's okay" over and over as my inside wells up with hurt and i'm given the sympathy smile, accompanied by reassurance that there's some great guy out there just waiting to date me.

*make a note, my maturity is taking the weekend off... .

then where the heck is this knight in shining armor
coming to rescue me from this tower of loneliness?

seriously

my excavation for the positive and the potential life-lessons to be gleaned from this experience have exhausted me.

i hate that i care so much about this trivial thing called dating.
i was fine not dating. a-okay. yeah, i missed cuddling and the whole emotional connection, and a little make-out would have certainly helped to unleash some happy neurotransmitters, but i was fine on my own. perfectly fine.

but now, i feel broken again. i yearn for what i had forgotten i missed. 


why begins countless questions burdening my heart tonight. 
i am at a loss for where or when i will find the answers. 

No comments: