Thursday, November 11, 2010

the stars align

sometimes, sitting back lets the stars align. 

today i didn't go to campus. at all. but worked and studied and primped to go to a ward formal dinner dance. {pictures soon to come}. 

and while my obliques are sore from dancing and i'm sure my legs will hate me in the morning for prancing around to tai cruz and sean kingston, the partying with my girls and some cute boys was so very worth it.
there was no hint of a spark at dinner nor on the dance floor, but
i learned a valuable lesson today
(in part because i received a flattering letter from an old friend who returns in february):

i am dateable. 
i am desirable. 
i am hot stuff. 
{okay, let's not get too overboard}. 

so, who cares that mccocoa or any other mcsomething doesn't want to date me?!

okay... maybe i still do care a little bit about mccocoa... but i am making progress!

it's when we are progressing that we find happiness.  
so, happy day! 
i am progressing from my silly little premenstrual thoughts into rationality and optimism.

2 comments:

Heather said...

haha, I loved this so much! Yes, you are hot and desireable. I am now a "Mc"Clellan--and I would date you. So some of us "mc"s are alright right? ;)
Can't wait to see the dance pictures!!

Ali said...

You are wildly attractive! WILDLY!