Thursday, November 4, 2010

come what may

this week i haven't been eating much. or sleeping much.
stress tends to do that to me.

tuesday night i crashed-- cozy and asleep in my cocoon of polkadot sheets well before 10, only to awaken sluggishly and with confusion to my alarm 8 hours later.
but 
after averaging 5 hours of sleep for the past 2 weeks with not a day to sleep in, my body craved more. so i called work. and went back to sleep for another 3 glorious hours.

now that my sleep needs had been met, there were other needs that had been neglected.
my momma came to visit, bringing spaghetti and toothpaste because i haven't had time to shop. and while i could have easily utilized 2 1/2 hours to study for my impending neurobiology test {eek!} or do research for my critical review paper or catch up on reading for my other three classes, i decided to take a break before i became incapacitated emotionally and intellectually.

we started christmas shopping {i know, i know, it's only november 5th, but that was our excuse} and my momma let me have a present or two early-- including the most adorable flat tan boots you ever did see and kacki's that actually fit the hips that have expanded since high school.

i ate my first decent meal in the past week {via chick-fil-a}

and we chatted in a way that a mother and daughter only can over 
shopping and diet coke. 

with my stomach full and my sleep deprivation relatively neutral, and a few fancy items to spice up my wardrobe, i can tackle my {terrifying} test and the uncertainty of saturday.

come what may, and love it, right?
a new pair of boots always helps with the loving the unlovable or frightening. 

No comments: