Sunday, November 7, 2010

not today

sometimes i feel empty.

with more tears expired than healthy for hydration, my soul is dank, void of a smile or even a frown. 

just empty

"it's not bad to be sad"
says ingrid.

so, today i am a little sad. tomorrow i hope to repaint myself

one day i will find happiness and trust in love. but for right now, in this moment of overwhelming defeat, it's far too frightening a thought to even fathom. i wish i could turn my heart off for tonight, to sleep restfully without daydreams of mccocoa or huntman or mr. practical brown shoe to interrupt my vision between dreams and reality, between my soft damp pillow tonight and the rising sun of monday. 

one day. 
but that day is not today.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Beautiful post Becky! I hope that today is a little happier for you. Even when you do find the perfect love, there will be other things to make you sad. It makes us stronger though and those times that we do feel empty remind us of how blessed we are to have the times where we feel full. love you dear!