Saturday, November 20, 2010

christmas music is the cure for souls

i daresay it:
christmas music is the cure for souls.

i've never been one to listen to christmas music pre-thanksgiving.  

that's just unethical.
but when i bought the new glee christmas cd at costco last night, i had to pop it in. have a little listen.
well, that little listen has unleashed my christmas fervor and a fanatic happiness.

so much so that i welcomed with open arms and lifted spirits cozy 106.5 & fm 100.3's competitive continuous christmas music {which typically irritate me into a state of scrouge-esque grumblings pre-thanksgiving}.

my car has been blasting my special CHRiSTMaS!!! playlist on the pod-i, and you better believe i sing along with david archuletta, the barenaked ladies, and mariah carey.

joy to the world! indeed.
i love christmas! the sparkle. the magic. the chesnuts roasting on an open fire {have you ever actually seen that? i am missing out}.

not to worry, i am relishing the holiday of thanks, and gonna eat me a whole lot of pie. but with christmas music spurring up my soul in the background.

2 comments:

Heather said...

oh I CAN'T WAIT to hear the Glee Christmas CD when i get back!!! And Mariah Carey's all I want for Christmas will always be on my top 5 favorite Christmas songs. And I have never seen chesnuts roasted on an open fire but I have eaten roasted chesnuts from the oven--does that count?

ajo said...

I love this post. so much that I made Caitlin come over and read it as well. Also, I love the Glee cd too.... guilty pleasure. Joy to the World!