Tuesday, November 2, 2010

iron & wine & friends & drives

i am trying not to overanalyze or over-hope a few details in my life at the moment.
so i'm listening to iron & wine.

they are lovely. especially "fever dream" and "sunset soon forgotten".
it is yummy soulful goodness, to bring in the calm.

ideally, the calm will last until saturday.

i can't stop thinking what it will be like. . .

the date with mccocoa, but also, my longest and bestest of guy friends is PROPOSING!
{which is why mccocoa and i will be there (conveniently on a date) in the first place-- as eager spectators and some-what participants in setting the atmosphere on the ice}. 

we determined years ago that we were "best-eternal-friends" {BEF's}because, while we knew we would never marry {we're far too much like siblings}, we care for each other enough to desire a friendship in the eternal scheme of things.


last night my BEF and i went for a drive. i can't tell you how many hours we have driven in his little camry, conversing and laughing and making too many memories to recall. it is friends like my BEF that slap the fear out of me {by laughing at how silly i can be} and remind me things will be alright-- that even if things don't go according to plan, i'll be fine.

we talked about mccocoa-- my BEF needed to be severely caught up on recent events {especially since he introduced mccocoa and i}.
there is definite hope.

but, my trusty iron & wine listenings are tethering that hope to reality... one day at a time.
"it'll come to us"

No comments: